Friday 3 February 2012

New food loves

Recently, I've fallen in love with fennel.

When I go out for a meal I usually always choose beef, however, this particular time I chose a fish dish. The dish consisted of sea bass (my favourite fish), roasted fennel, mash, and a cockle butter sauce. It was definitely one of the best meals I've had out for a long time - particularly when your not expecting something to be as amazing. Now I can't get enough of the aniseed flavour paired with fish. Recently, I tried to recreate the dish. Instead of using cockles I swapped them for shrimps, which still added the salty flavour needed. I also found a really good potato recipe:

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/7267/citrus-salmon-with-herb-and-caper-crushed-potatoes

I tend to find most of my recipes from BBC GoodFood as like many people I like to see a picture of what I'm going to make!

This is how mine turned out. I think I over 'crushed' the potatoes so the texture wasn't quite right, you need to consider that once you've crushed the potatoes they will break up more once you add the other ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment