Friday 3 February 2012

So, where did it all begin...?

I guess for as long as I can remember I have always loved food; some of my earliest memories relate to food, when my mind wonders, I'm thinking of food and before I go to sleep I'm thinking of food. I've always had a ridiculously healthy appetite, I still don't know where I store it all, and I love nothing more than seeing people enjoy my food.

I would probably have to credit my parents for my passion. It's funny how as a child you bemoan everything you get given for dinner - when I think back I can't believe I turned my nose up at things like my mums chicken risotto - but it's nice how these things then become nostalgic. My brother is a great cook too, when he became head of the house at 17 I always looked forward to what he was going to create, knowing he was going to experiment away. I would say I was more of a precise cook, I like to read and follow recipes but as I now just cook for myself I find more and more that I just chuck everything in and hope for the best (definitely my mums mentality).

My dream would be to have my own gastro pub one day, or have a career somewhere in food and perhaps win Masterchef...haha, perhaps the latter is a bit far fetched!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment